Why New Zealand?
New Zealand is a beautiful Country situated in the southern part of the Pacific Ocean. It is made up of two main islands, and is roughly the size of Japan, California or Great Britain. Our cities, scenery and cultures are vibrant and diverse. New Zealand has a multi-cultural population of 4 million and is home to people from the Pacific Island, various parts of Asia, India, Africa, the Middle East and Europe. Indigenous Maori make up around 14 percent of the population.
Most major religions are represented in New Zealand and Human Rights Legislation Guarantees freedom from discrimination on the basis of religion, which is seen as a matter of personal choice. Major cities have churches, temples, mosques, synagogues and other centers of worship. Homestay families and student hostels can ensure that dietary requirements are respected.
Why New Zealand Education?
New Zealand’s education relationship with India is still relatively new, however New Zealand has quickly became a very popular study destination for Indian students.
There are various reasons for this:
- New Zealand has become a trusted provider of world-class education. New Zealand tertiary providers are innovative and provide programmes that are internationally recognized.
- Tertiary institutions provide flexible pathways between different levels of study, which gives students a variety of options to consider.
- New Zealand is known as a safe, clean and green country. New Zealand cities are lively and multi- cultural.
- New Zealand providers must be signatories to the Ministry of Education Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. This ensures a welcoming and supportive experience for students.
- The cost of studying in New Zealand compares favorably with destinations such as Australia, UK, USA and Ireland.
- Qualifications from recognized Indian Universities are accepted in New Zealand.